The automation engineer bridges the gap between the technical-operational and administrative (IT) processes of factory automation. The primary objective of the Automation Engineer is to ensure proper and continuous (with respect to the agreed SLA) operation of all critical automation systems by proactively monitoring and maintaining them and making sure that valid backup and recovery procedures are in place
- Advise and follow up automation projects across all divisions of the group.
- Document automation projects.
- Establish maintenance and disaster recovery procedures that can be applied without specialised knowledge.
- Test Disaster recovery scenarios.
- Support day-to-day operation of automation systems.
- Maintain contacts with vendors.
- Follow up maintenance cycles (upgrades).
- Monitor performance of automation systems.
- Strive for overall standardisation and use of industry standard solutions.
- Advise and assist interfacing projects with the administrative IT systems.
- Industrial Engineer or Bachelor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server architecture (2008 r2 and higher) & frontend (Windows 7 and higher).
- Knowledge of LAN-networking.
- Knowledge of databases (SQL, Oracle, …).
- Basic knowledge of PLC (Siemens S7,..), SCADA (Wonderware,…), DCS, LIMS.. systems.
- Dutch, English, French (Italian is an asset).
- Problem solving, analytical, pragmatic hands-on approach.
- A function with a high degree of responsibility within a stable and financially strong group.
- An informal and open work environment that offers you the opportunity to develop yourself.
- A competitive salary.